- Submissions: 3rd Feb 2012
- Notifications: 24th Feb 2012
- Camera Ready: 2nd March 2012
- Workshop: 1st April 2012
9 exciting papers accepted.
Keynote annouced: Elaine Toms.
We'll be using the #search4fun hashtag where possible
Call for Papers
The topics of the workshop will be evaluation focused and include but are not be limited to:
- Understanding information needs and search behaviour in casual-leisure situations.
- How existing systems are used in casual-leisure searching scenarios.
- Systems / Interfaces / Algorithmic approaches to supporting Search in Casual-leisure situations.
- Use of Recommender Systems for Entertaining Content (books, movies, videos, music, websites).
- Modelling of users interests and generation of accurate and appropriate user profiles.
- Interfaces for exploratory search for casual-leisure situations.
- Evaluation (methods, metrics) of Casual-leisure searching situations.
We are seeking short 2-4 page position papers in this area, or short papers reporting early or formative results in the area of searching for fun.
Reviewing and Publishing
Papers will be reviewed by an international program committee, and we intend to publish the accepted papers using the CEUR Workshop Proceedings service.
Participants should submit anonymised 2-4 page ACM format PDFs to the easychair page. More details are in our submissions page.